Friday, January 28, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

I am hoping to begin this new year by updating my blog at least once a month. Our computer's harddrive crashed right after Christmas, and unfortunately do not have it restored yet. So, I'm connected through our 9 year old laptop that is pretty darn slow. I've only been checking and responding to necessary emails because it takes like 10 times as long to do anything. Regardless of not having any pictures to update this new blog with- I hope that at the end of the year I'll have a more accurate of how we spent our time as a family. Maybe I can do a week to week update.....who knows?! I'm going to try though!

So far this month, Michael and I have participated in a Stake 5K and Hoe down with our youth, as we will be going as a Ma and Pa on our trek in March. We're looking forward to it. Michael even ran most of it with me (scary- since he doesn't like to run, hasn't run...ever...and was wearing Vans boots:)! Michael started a new job the end of last year, and even though he sits behind a desk working on Excel spreadsheets, he's learning new things- and quite frankly, I'm thrilled to be able to pay the bills!!! Wow! It's been a stressful few years. I'm still teaching piano, and have 9 students. I really enjoy it- but it can be pretty challenging managing it all.

I've been busy with my Young Women's calling- going to a fireside, etiquette dinner, doing a sewing night for pioneer clothing for those going on trek, I've had meetings, Ward Conference, and we just had our New Beginnings! Whew! I'm glad I have so many good leaders who work well together.

The kids have been doing well in school. Michael has done some archery with the boys...Maddie and I are hoping to get some sewing in (she got a sewing machine and fabric for Christmas), and we've played a lot of games (we received some FUN games for Christmas).

Janie Mae is walking now---only she's still wobbly. She doesn't like to fall, and she'd just prefer to hold my finger all day long for balance. When she does take off across the room she walks with her hands straight up in the air! She's precious! She loves to sing part of "Silent Night". She sings..."holy night", over and over again. She is kind of the life of the family still- and all the kids take turns helping her (and sometimes she is really Bugged by it:).

All in all- we are soooo blessed! I was thinking this morning on how much better I want to be at showing my family "happiness". I get so caught up in all the million things I have to do- I forget to be happy, and show them....even when they're fighting, disobeying, and talking back! :) I do want to be remembered for being kind and gentle rather than moody and mean- by my own family. I guess I'll reevaluate that every day! My goals this year are to read the Book of Mormon every day, attend the temple every month, be physically active (yoga, running), create, earn my YW Medallion, and pay off some debt! What are your goals?

We are setting a family goal to help see 2 people get baptized this year! We pray every prayer to be able to give a Book of Mormon away every month and have a discussion in our home. We can do it! And we are excited to see our prayers be answered....somehow....some way.

Happy New Year! I hope this year brings you peace, joy, and happiness.....even IF you encounter some obstacles!!!

No comments: