Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Happy New Year!
Well, it's that time again! I remember when time seemed to just drag on.... I'm not sure at what age I started to feel like it was going by quickly, but it simply seems to fly! When I think about where I will be in another, say 10 years, I just can hardly believe it. But, I'm sure before I know it, it will be here and I'll be wishing I was back here again. I do absolutely love this time in my life! My kids are still young enough where they like hugging me and being with me. They are pretty quick to forgive me, and they don't really talk back too much (at least they don't know the really ugly words yet). So, I try each day to relish it. I feel extremely blessed and hope that my efforts to raise children in a healthy and loving family come to fruition. Hopefully my childrens' children will be better off than mine. And hopefully, I'll have done enough good in their lives that they will talk to their children about the influence I had in their lives. I think about the many family members that have gone before me....I don't know much about them. In a couple of generations, details are forgotten. And yet I work so hard at trying to do good and be good. I can just hope that I can influence the following generation and that they will try to do the same. So I guess that's a bit of my New Year's Resolution......At least that's a start. May this be a year of greatness for all of you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
It'll be a great year if we get to actually see each other and our kiddos too...that needs to be on BOTH of our lists...every year we have to see each other (whole families) at LEAST one time!!! Love and miss you guys!
fruition? I had to look that one up, and just might add it to my vocabulary! I'm sure your children will have fond memories of you to tell their children! Love ya!
Post a Comment