Friday, January 30, 2009

Almost February

Well, I guess I don't update my blog often enough. I feel like I need to have photos to go with my writing....no photos this time. I guess that's my OCD.....it's hard for me to do something partway. We haven't been doing much of anything different lately. We are just keeping up with school, piano, gymnastics, and family time. I actually made pretzels yesterday! They were good! I think I'll try it again when Owen wakes up from his nap. I'm so about order that I get too caught up in how much mess there will be to clean up, that I forego alot of fun things. Oh well! I'm definitely a work in progress. I'm thinking about hosting a 10 mile run during Mother's day weekend (like on a Saturday). The $85 to register for other races just seems like too much right now. I can run for free, right? I'm also gearing up for my fun San Fransisco trip I'm taking with one of my dearest friends, in March. But, I'm also trying to hug my kids more, laugh when I want to yell, and be more patient. Before our family prayers each day we take a moment to recognize any good things we've noticed someone ELSE doing that day (no self recognition). Last night Sterling said I did a good job not yelling at Madeline (when she was having a meltdown)! And then she brushed my hair for me. These little sweeties! And I feel blessed to have a husband that treats me kindly and gently. Life is great!

1 comment:

Jordan said...

You made pretzels? I'm impressed! And I bet you're a great mommy--we all lose our cool every once in a while though. =)Your trip to San Fran will be a great little get-a-way to refresh. Sure wish I could see you in person--when's the last time you visited AZ?