Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Valentine's Campout































Well, Friday we began our family campout adventure! Brighton was our inspiration because he needed to pass off some cub scout things. So, we decided to take a shot. We ended up going to some property a friend of ours has in Waller. It was a perfect set up. We had a campfire ring, a pond, and a potty a few yards away (their house). It only rained on us in the night, and luckily our tent held up pretty well (we got a bit wet, but not too bad-especially for a cheap Walmart tent). I had such a fun time!!!! Watching everyone work together was great (I'm not sure they would say the same thing). It'll be interesting to see how each of them remember the trip (Sterling was not fond of sleeping on the ground). It was a blast watching Owen catch the first fish, and then Brighton soon after. The girls were disappointed, but I think they were okay. Maddie was pretty sure she caught one, but it never made it to shore :) I usually dread camping trips- they seem like sooooo much work, but with everyone helping out, it wasn't so bad! I'm not sure we'll do another one this year....maybe next!

2 comments:

The Mach's said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I want to do a Valentine's Campout!!! I'll have to remember that for next year.

Jordan said...

I love the pictures! Your kids all look like you--so gorgeous! My husband keeps trying to get me to go camping--but I keep coming up with excuses on why now is not a good time. =) And why does it always seem to rain when camping?